Thursday, June 25, 2009

#2 - lil' Losties

Here's my second Oodles, making me a month ahead of my deadline. Whoo-hoo!

lil' Losties

The trick here really was fitting in all the characters from the show that I wanted to, which just wasn't possible, so I tried going for just the essentials. Other than possibly Superboy, one of the first examples of the "kidification" of characters that I can think of is Little Archie from the late '50s. So that's the style I decided to work in, the cast of Lost as drawn by Samm Schwartz or Bob Bolling. And of course that's Casper's face on Little Smokie.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh but where o where is *JUGHEAD*

    ReplyDelete
  2. We thought Lil Ben looked like a Jughead-y guy, just without his crown-cap. The visual punch lines come from so many different levels - really neat job, Ad. You pulled together, I'm thinking, Lil (Big) Moose with Hurley, Lil John Locke with Archie (?), Lil Jack with Reggie (although Jin has more Reggie-like hair), Lil Freckles with Betty, and Sunn with Veronica. I can't think of a Little Archie character to parallel Lil Sayid (who already looks angry enough to torture someone). There was a rich kid in Little Archie; is he the Lil Sawyer (who already seems to have the eye for Lil Freckles)? Is Lil Ben the 'Jughead' connection? I keep finding details.

    ReplyDelete